[rescue] Perverse Question

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sat Jun 7 00:39:13 CDT 2003

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 20:32:43 -0400
"Michael Free" <mfree80286 at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Instrument 386SX16 that I was running 8 megs ram on. $5 for the board
> and$20 for ram back in 1994 :) That was my very first self-owned
> self-built PC. But, it was replaced and so because a toy like
> everything else.

Where did you get your RAM?  I was happy to get RAM at $40/M in 94.
That is in the era I was running an sx/20, running WINFW 3.11 in
enhanced mode in 3M of RAM.  Actually had Windows, MS Office, Word
Perfect and tons of shareware shoehorned into a 105M Kalok drive, after
trimming all unneccessary files.  Back when memory management mattered
on a home PC.