[rescue] Perverse Question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jun 7 18:46:54 CDT 2003

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 07:31 PM, Mike Hebel wrote:
> There is no 3.3V so yes you will need a regulator.
>
> The DC current output per the sheet is:
>
> +5V == 9A
> +12V == 2A
> -12V == .1A
>
> This data is for the Classic/LX power supply -Fuji PEX643-30 model.
> 300-1101
>
> My advice would be obviously to take something like an LM7803(?) and
> put in on one of the +5V lines to get your 3.3V.

   Is there a 3.3V member in the LM7800 family?  I've not seen that.

   I would suggest something like Linear Technology's LT1085 for a
linear regulator:

   http://www.linear.com/prod/datasheet.html?datasheet=620

   ...but watch out for heat.  A switching regulator would be far
superior in this application, something like the LTC1148-3.3:

   http://www.linear.com/prod/datasheet.html?datasheet=249

   These chips and their supporting components are usually available in
small quantities through suppliers like DigiKey.

        -Dave