[rescue] Spam (was: Perverse Question)

R. Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Sat Jun 7 15:27:24 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 10:02:08AM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
	[snip]
> Personally since e-mail addresses are so cheap to make I think it would
> be an effective solution for each user to have two.  A public, read:
> spammable, address and a private one.  If they give out the wrong one -
	[snip]

I like creating scads of dash addresses (like this one) and a few
"real" ones through forwarders (I use pobox.com) to separate my email
and only use each account with a single site/list/purpose. Seems to
keep the crap down to a manageable amount. Accounts I've used on sites
like freshmeat and slashdot get the most junk, ones used on lists get
the least. Oddly, I've never had spam in the numerous accounts used
for product warranties and online sales sites.

- Ross