[rescue] Perverse Question

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jun 6 23:01:28 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 07:08 PM, Al Potter wrote:

> OK, apologies in advance.....
>
> I remember someone posting this link:
>
> 	http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/sparc/
>
> I have SEVERAL IPX/IPC systems that are currently in use as doorstops,
> bookshelf props, monitor stands, etc.  I have replaced them with
> cheapass
> LXen and Classics, as they have more bawls and builtin 10BaseT.
>
> No, these IPX/IPCs are not rescuable.

*cough* BULLSHIT! *cough*  I use these boxen extensively for simple web
servers and mail/DNS/firewall boxes.  They just run, and run, and run.

If you don't want them I'll consider driving out in my little cheezy
Mitsubishi truck to collect all of them and take them off your hands.

> Dropping a mini-itx mobo into these is interesting (I'm thinking
> cluster,
> BTW), but the power supply issue bothers me....
>
> I would much rather use the sun PS than rape it out and kludge in some
> cheapass PC PS.

You are an evil, evil, evil person.  If you want an empty case to put
these in at least send me the insides.  I rather like the idea of
running small Sparcs in a VME bus like rack...

> Is it feasible to come up with an IPX/IPC Molex to ATX conversion?  Are
> the
> voltages that an ATX board wants available from one of these PSs?

Yes, but again - why would you want to.

Mike

--
Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655