[rescue] WTB: SS20 Ram, External SCSI CD

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Jun 3 01:22:19 CDT 2003

An SS20 should be fine for your stated tasks.  Mine (dual
SM81) is a tad slow, but that's due to having only 64megs of
RAM and it's running Solaris 9.  Back when it was running 2.6
it was much faster.  As others stated, a newer Sun wold be
roughly the same cost and a bit more upgradeable but all in
all if he's just running LaTeX, an SS20 would be more than
adequate.

/KRM