[rescue] WTB: SS20 Ram, External SCSI CD

Nathaniel Grady nate at grady.is-a-geek.com
Mon Jun 2 21:45:51 CDT 2003

I'm looking to acquire the following, and would rather deal with a list member
than e-(insert your fav expletive here).

1) 64mb sticks for a SS20, Sun PN #501-2480. Would like to acquire 8 to finish
rounding out my SS20. I don't really know what these are worth. Say, $10/ea +
$5 s/h? Or trade a HP-HIL Keyboard+Mouse for an older HP workstation?

2) External SCSI-II CD-ROM drive + cable (one end having Male SCSI-II /
mini-50 connector) and terminator (if necessary). Um, say, $30+SH?

#1 is for my "re-introduce Dad to unix" project. I figure anyone whose
favorite editor was Brief, and writes everyting in LaTeX, really needs a Unix
box! The SS-20 was my main desktop during college, and I left it with my
parents when I moved to Houston for grad school a year ago. The RasterFLEX-HR
and 10krpm drive are nice, and I have an SM71 to go in it, but the whole 80mb
of ram bit kinda sucks. I figure with a pair of SM71's and half a gig of ram,
it should make a nice machine for editing LaTeX on :-)

--Nate