[rescue] Trying to figure out a rescued HP 4000T printer

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jun 2 21:45:50 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 20:57, Robert Novak wrote:
> It has two trays plus manual feed. ANd it does the 13.1 thing even if no
> tray is installed, so I don't think it's the paper tray. I suspect it's
> something inside.

Well, the 13.1 just means that the paper didn't hit the first sensor
within the specified time.  It would be a paper feed motor, pickup
roller, or some other problem with the paper being picked up and moved
into the printer.

When it does the 13.1 bit, does it move the top sheet out of the tray at
all? just about an inch? or does the page actually get into the printer?

> I may have a buyer for it already, so it may not be much of an issue.

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay, and how much are you getting?

	-Dan Sikorski