[rescue] Trying to figure out a rescued HP 4000T printer

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jun 2 20:33:26 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 20:21, Robert Novak wrote:
> Yeah, I stand in front of it and tip it backwards, and it is happy. If I
> leave it flat, or tipped less, I get a "13.1 PAPER JAM OPEN INPUT TRAYS
> THEN OPEN AND CLOSE TOP COVER" message.

I'll assume that the pickup rollers are in good shape.  Does it do the
same when printing out of both tray 2 and 3? (the T on 4000TN means a
second 500 sheet tray, if you don't have it, it would technically be a
straight 4000 seeing as you don't have the network card.)  How about
tray 1? (manual feed tray)

Actually, thinking about it, i might lean toward it being the springs in
the paper tray.  Does it feed paper fine when you have a full paper
tray?   How about with only 5 sheets in the tray?  Do you have other
lj4000 papertrays available to you to try it out with?

	-Dan Sikorski

P.S.  I should have the service manual for the 4000 in a pdf.  I'll try
to find it.