[rescue] It really sucks ....

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Jun 2 13:52:35 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:51:13AM -0400, andycadd at earthlink.net wrote:
> Don't toss it yet
>
> In another 5 or more years those IT closets will empty and the last
> remaining netservers and the quadruple redundant trays will flood the
> market.  Maybe not like that but the trays were made and sold I doubt
> they failed, it's just companies keeping spares.

Yeah, it's not like the tray itself can really fail.  With luck they
might even still have drives in'em.  If I can get my hands on some
*trays*, it's a perfectly good storage box.  I'm sure my E3000 wouldn't
care about the HP badge on the front.  Stuff the 3000, the SS/6 and the
UltraSCSI disk pack full of nice fat disks, and I could probably put
over a terabyte online from the one machine....

All this, of course, presupposes $$$ to buy the disk.