[rescue] It really sucks ....

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jun 2 11:55:30 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 andycadd at earthlink.net wrote:

> In another 5 or more years those IT closets will empty and the last
> remaining netservers and the quadruple redundant trays will flood
> the market.  Maybe not like that but the trays were made and sold I
> doubt they failed, it's just companies keeping spares.

Don't count on that.  Many companies, and all branches of government
destroy hard drives pulled from retired systems.  In systems like
NetServers, SGIs, and some Suns, the trays pull out so easily, that
they're destroyed along with the drives because the company doesn't see
the value in a piece of plastic pulled from an "antiquated" system.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren