[rescue] It really sucks ....

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Jun 2 10:47:57 CDT 2003

 On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 03:54:17PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 03:51 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > >...to discover that a piece of hardware that you can't use
> because you
> > >lack crucial accessories isn't even salable, because
> without those key
> > >accessories it's not worth the cost of shipping it across town.
> >
> >   Eh?  What is it, and what accessories are you missing?
>
> It's a HP NetServer Storage System/6.  Without the
> HP-specific disk trays.
> The trays sell for outrageous prices, and without them, an
> empty chassis
> -- redundant power supplies and all -- seems to sell for about $5.

	I feel your pain, have the same problem with an Axil storage array.
Great shape, has power supplies and everything else. No HD sleds or cage for
the raid cards. They are unobtanium of the highest order. Hate to toss it as
it cost me nearly $100 a couple years ago. Most of that being shipping.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org