[rescue] I have an SGI crimson at last!

Jona Sperty myhpreseller at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 12:46:36 CDT 2003

David Holland <dholland at woh.rr.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 21:14, Jona Sperty wrote:
> I have one! I am so excited! It is a crimson VGX but I'm trying to ID the cards it has....it seems to have more cards....SO EXCITING!

Congradulations. hinv -v might spit out something useful, to id the
cards.

**After I unplug the washer so I can plug it in!

Is it a true Crimson w/ the red and gray skins, or a power series
upgrade w/ the brown and blue?

**Red and grey!

> It came with 2x 2.4 GB full height drives....what are my options here?

Options how? It'll run IRIX 6.2 if you've a reasonably full compliment
of memory.

**I was just wondering if i could retrofit a more modern SCSI drive.