An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jul 31 15:06:02 CDT 2003

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 03:05 PM, N.Miller wrote:

> But here's my favorite thing about Clarify--the engineers at
> their company had the nerve to tell us that it was originally
> developed under SunOS, and was ported to the PC.  This in
> spite of the fact that the UI not only doesn't conform to
> X-Windows standards (it originally used those commercial
> Motif libraries before moving to the "fake" Windows libraries),
> but it *also* doesn't conform to the standard M$ UI (nor Mac,
> either, not that there is a  Mac client that I am aware of).
> WTF?

I'd love to get a UNIX client or alternate client to the Windows
client.  Clarify is the only reason I keep a headless windows box under
my desk at work... I access it with RDP on the Powerbook in OS X.
Clarify is so screwed up that it is the only app I know of that will
NOT run in Virtual PC.... neither  the Tuxedo web version nor the
standalone client.

Andrew