[rescue] RE: Flash Memories....

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Jul 31 13:33:46 CDT 2003

>From: "Earl D. Baugh Jr." <earl at baugh.org>
>
>Peter Corlett  & Phil wrote:
>
>>From: abuse at cabal.org.uk (Peter Corlett)

.
. info about the proliferation of flash formats removed (and most definately
. agreed with !)
.
.

>Also, I actually have a CF to IDE adapter.....it's way cool.  I got it from the
>Tucson Amateur Radio Group (http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/Fcfa.html) ...I
>use it to
>boot my firewall box...which only has 1 moveable part....the fan on the
>CPU.....there
>isn't even one on the PS.   I think that's cool to be able to do that...

I have done something similar.  I purchased a flash drive (200MB).  It
has an IDE interface, is IDE form factor in size, but has no moving parts.

I like the idea of the CF adapter though.... that would allow (provided it
is external) the ability to have the media swapped for trying new software.
I'll have to look for one of those....