[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Jul 31 12:30:30 CDT 2003

> > I have wanted floppies replaced too, but I found Zip to be unreliable,
> > and LS-120 was horribly slow.
>
> I've heard that about LS-120 from just about everyone who's used them.
> Not really that surprising, when you consider writing a 120MB diskette
> at pretty much 2MB-diskette speeds.

I bought a couple of second-generation LS-120 drives, and I didn't find
the speed to be too much of a problem, but the second-generation drives
were supposed to be something like six times faster than the first-
generation drives.

The main advantage for me was I had an IDE-connected floppy drive so I
didn't have to mess with the floppy cable.  I could just chain the LS-120
with the IDE CDROM drive.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net