An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

James Rice jrice54 at charter.net
Wed Jul 30 22:19:11 CDT 2003

I moved off ISDN to a cable modem last year.  ISDN in Texas is a local
call, unlimited time.  I had two ISDN lines for three years.  One was my
internet pipe, the other was routed to my office.  The only drawback was
finding an ISP that was ISDN savvy in the local calling radius.  SBC
charged $75 a month for the ISDN lines, but the only ISP that would link
with ISDN charged $50 a month.  When Charter bought the local cable
system and upgraded eveything to offer Pipeline at $40 a month, I
couldn't afford not to switch.  I sold my old routers to a customer that
needed to connect home and office.

James

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html