[rescue] sparclinux (was: G5 case)

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Wed Jul 30 10:25:13 CDT 2003

> > But six months ago, it was definitely working for me.  In fact sun4m
> > was working much better than sun4u for me at the time.
>
> Even on the SS5-170?

Nope, this one is still unsupported. It basically has a very different
MMU and the specs of it were obtained only some months ago. So far, no
developer has stepped up to implement it.

My SS5-170 mostly runs but falls over with higher load. That's the
current status.

Also sun4d SMP is only supported by 2.2 kernels. Noone has debugged why
2.4 SMP does not work on sun4d.

Someone tried to revive sun4c recently but I haven't followed it because
I only have sun4m, sun4d and sun4u hardware...

sun4u is fully supported AFAIK, modulo minor glitches with the newest
computers and PROMs sometimes.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)