[rescue] Re: sparc 20 serial

James Rice jrice54 at charter.net
Wed Jul 30 08:34:22 CDT 2003

My TRS-80's and later Tandy MS-DOS machines also had female serial port
connectors.  As I remember, the IBM PC used a variation of the RS-232
standard while the Tandy machines used a true RS-232 port
configuration.  Like the IBM variation of the Centronics port.  All of
my older Tandy printers used a "true" Centronics port  therefore you
needed special cables to connect to an "IBM compatible" printer.  Later
Tandy printers went to the IBM version.

James

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html