An IP address to call my own...was Re: An ISP of their own (w as RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

P Nutton Paul.Nutton at awe.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 05:51:43 CDT 2003

> Phil wrote:
>
> >So ...  how (and when) *did* you get your own allocated Class C?
>
> Originally I put in the request for it for a company I was working
> for....we got 4 at the
> time...one for each of 3 offices, and one which we thought we
> might need for internal
> networking or PPP connections....but it ended up that we didn't need
> it.  It was probably,oh, like 12 years ago.  I originally started
> using it for my home connection...had a direct line
> from my house to the local Cisco router...simple PPP, but really
> tuned...was way before
> DSL and other stuff was available...it would have had to be a
> Frame or T1 connection for anything faster.
>
> Earl

So how much would a Class B be worth?

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.