[rescue] Re: SCSI problem (solution)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jul 24 11:14:19 CDT 2003

"From: "Earl D. Baugh Jr." <earl at baugh.org>
"
"I have the EVEN older connector...the type on the Sun 3 type shoebox
"(we're talking SCSI-1 I believe).  It's the BIG type with lots of pins...

that's a da37, if memory serves.

i have a shoebox too.  it has my cdrom and qic150.

"I did a little further digging on Google, and came
"up with the following additions to /etc/system:
"
"set scsi_options=0x178
"set sd:sd_max_throttle=10
[]
"I also explored adding the scsi_options to the kernel/drv/sd.config but that
"didn't seem to fix it (it would have enabled me to turn it off for just the one
"target...

this should also be possible in /etc/system, somehow.