[rescue] Re: SCSI problem (solution)

Earl D. Baugh Jr. earl at baugh.org
Thu Jul 24 10:28:08 CDT 2003

Thanks for all the advice.  One thing that a couple of folks mistook, I
didn't mean
Centronics connectors (I know what those are...they're the tongue and grove
type
of connectors)  I have the EVEN older connector...the type on the Sun 3
type shoebox
(we're talking SCSI-1 I believe).  It's the BIG type with lots of pins...

Anyway, the tagged command suggestion was the approach that was
the easiest to try last night (cause I'm cable poor...at least for one that
would
hook from the SS10).   I did a little further digging on Google, and came
up with the following additions to /etc/system:

set scsi_options=0x178
set sd:sd_max_throttle=10

(I found all the option values on a Sun FEH page...once I knew the magic
key words to search in Google with...)

I also explored adding the scsi_options to the kernel/drv/sd.config  but that
didn't seem to fix it (it would have enabled me to turn it off for just the one
target...it's off for the whole bus right now...but it's not a big
deal....this is
just a temporary situation til I get the new servers rebuilt..)

So, big thanks to Andrew!!

Earl