[rescue] Divide and conquer

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Jul 23 22:01:36 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 10:53:39PM -0400, vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > >
> > I took a look at it.  Is the rest of the work as inaccurate as the
> > information he has on VMS?
>
> He mentions that people felt that coding IBM mainframes was like kicking a
> dead whale down the beach.  *I* certainly don't feel that way.  I find it
> to be liberating to code a system so capable.

I had a look through his comments.

He is expressing his opinion about the facts, with an emphasis on
*opinion*.

Dunno about VMS but he is laughably wrong about OS/2, he says that
OS/2 was not setup to run unix-style daemon processes; WTF was DB/2
running on OS/2 then?

He needs an editor to go through that book with a chainsaw.

--Patrick