[rescue] SCSI problem.

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jul 23 15:37:22 CDT 2003

"From: "Earl D. Baugh Jr." <earl at baugh.org>
"
"I'm working on basically moving all the data I have on an
"internal drive (a IBM 9GB) in my SS10 to an external drive (a
"Segate ST410800N). I'm doing this to move the IBM drive to my
"SS10sx as part of a rebuild of some of my servers (the old SS10
"is going to be retired and sold).
[]
"Disconnected  tagged cmds (64) timeout for Target 1.0
"SCSI transport failed: reason 'timeout'; retrying command
"
"and after that I get:
"SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset': retrying command

this looks like tagged command queueing, which the 410800 is far too
old to support.

there's a way to turn tcq off for an entire bus or an individual
target, but i dunno the details.  iirc it goes in /etc/system though.