[rescue] Divide and conquer

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jul 23 14:30:13 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 11:32:28AM -0700, N.Miller wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 11:12 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> >I find myself musing that Micrososft will doubtless win in the end, no
> >matter how crappy their products.
> >
> >Why?  Simple.  Because the Unix "community" is self-dividing.
> >
> >I wish I was joking.
>
> I presume that you are talking about the SCO crap--sending
> license notices to commercial customers of Linux (and
> "indemnifying" Linus Torvalds--how nice of them)?

Actually, no, I was talking about the way many *nix users sneer at other
*nix users for using the "wrong" *nix or the "wrong" hardware platform.
"HP-SUX, piece of crap", "LinSux is garbage, get a real Unix", "Get
rid of that Slowaris shit", etc.

We don't need anyone to divide us up for conquest.  We do a great job
all by ourselves.