[rescue] SCSI trays from F330's

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Jul 20 15:50:46 CDT 2003

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, N. Miller wrote:

> If you really want to use these on an F330, you can get 9GB drives with
> the correct firmware from CorpSys, according to Rob Novak.

Actually, according to Rob Novak, you can get the correct drives from
corpsys or other places, but you have to get the firmware elsewhere. The
ones in mass quantities on the market tend to be EMC firmware (SX19171WC).
You need the 0024 firmware rev, and a program for your computer/OS that
will flash a scsi drive's firmware.

> I'd be willing to act as agent for a few bucks for my trouble if anyone
> out of the area wants them; they shouldn't be too expensive to ship
> FedEx ground.

I could use one with SCA canisters if you feel like sorting through them
:) Last time I was there, they were all idc50/hd68 which doesn't work well
with SCA.

Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com