[rescue] SS10 / SS20 Memory and SS10 or SS20 Clone?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Jul 18 16:01:31 CDT 2003

>From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
>
>On 2003.07.18 16:20 Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
>
>> If this is a sparcengine 20 mainboard, it will look for all intensive
>> purposes almost entirely like a sparcstation 10 mainboard.  Not till
>> you get the two side by side and start analyzing the differences do
>> you realize it is NOT a Sparcstation 10 mainboard.
>So it looks like I have a Sparcengine 20.

cool.

>Already ePayed an additinal SM61 today. When I shuffle around all my
>MBus modules I will get a Sun 4/600 with SM51, a SS20 with dual SM50 and
>a SS20 with dual SM61. Fine, very fine. :-)

Keep in mind that if you find good deals on SM81s that despite they were
made by Sun for use in the 1000/2000, they will work happily in a SS10/20
and give you more SuperSparc mhz goodness !

>> Look at all your oscilators, a Sparcengine 20 mainboard will have a
>> 80 and 100 MHZ oscilator (and possibly a couple of others as well).
>> These correspond to 40 and 50 MHZ MBUS speeds.
>Yes. There is a 80 MHz and 100 MHz oscilator.

A SparcEngine 20 it is....

what does module-info tell you at the open boot prom ???  with SM61 or
higher I believe it should run at 50mhz...

What OBP version is in your SparcEngine 20 ?

-- Curt

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks
rescue at hawkmountain.net

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices