[rescue] SS10 / SS20 Memory and SS10 or SS20 Clone?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Jul 18 11:09:10 CDT 2003

"From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
"
"On 2003.07.18 01:13 Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
"
"> Sounds like an SS20 clone that uses the Sun Microelectronics
"> SparcEngine 20 mainboard (which looks like an upgraded SS10 design
"> mainboard).

makes me wonder if the 'se20' is actually a ss10sx main board.

"Hmm. Can't find anything on sunsolve about the SparcEngine...

probably because it's industrial oem and long out of support.  i
looked for the ultra-20 - yes, there was one, essentially a u1 non-e
but with u2-style plug-in cpu, all in a ss20-shape board - but no
trace.

the u20 was intended to replace the se20 in embedded industrial apps,
but it also fits aurora chassis...  making it the smallest ultra?

"> It has the 50MHZ mbus speed (although I can't seem to
"> get mine to do it), and supports SS20 VSIMMS
"How can I determine if the MBUS is running at 40 MHz or 50 MHz? But with
"that 40 MHz oscillator near the MBUS controller it looks more like a
"SS10.

on a real ss20, there's a 40/50 jumper.

"BTW: What is the main difference from SS10 to SS20? Only MBUS and RAM
"Speed?

functionally.  the 20 [and 10sx] also has some redesigned chips.