[rescue] Sun licensing costs (was Re: E10k systems coming down inprice)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Jul 18 09:35:39 CDT 2003

I can't comment anything on the high end stuff (like E10K), but most
systems that I am aware of do not require anything... it is all honor
system.  There is no difference between Solaris Workstation or Solaris
Server either (not in the OS anyway (again, that I am currently aware of)).

Someone mentioned something about licenses in the SSP on E10K (and E15K
I'd assume ?) being required (along with the SSP itself) in order to
do anything with the machine.... maybe someone can comment more on
systems that require things like this.

-- Curt