[rescue] SS10 / SS20 Memory and SS10 or SS20 Clone?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jul 18 04:27:55 CDT 2003

On 2003.07.18 01:13 Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> SS20 memory is so cheap, there isn't any reason not to locate
> a good deal on at least 32MB DIMMS if not 64MB DIMMS and load er' up.
Well, I am in good old germany and the prices here are a bit
different...
But I will try to get at least a bunch of 16 MB DIMMs.

> Sounds like an SS20 clone that uses the Sun Microelectronics
> SparcEngine 20 mainboard (which looks like an upgraded SS10 design
> mainboard).
Hmm. Can't find anything on sunsolve about the SparcEngine...

> It has the 50MHZ mbus speed (although I can't seem to
> get mine to do it), and supports SS20 VSIMMS
How can I determine if the MBUS is running at 40 MHz od 50 MHz? But with
that 40 MHz oscillator near the MBUS controller it looks more like a
SS10.

BTW: What is the main difference from SS10 to SS20? Only MBUS and RAM
Speed?

> (I have 8MB VSIMMS if you want to get a VSIMM for
> one or both of those systems, contact me off list).
Shippment and payment across the big pond may be prohibitive. :-(
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen