[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Wed Jul 16 01:51:04 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 11:43  AM, vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, r.stricklin wrote:
>
>> I use an Olympus E-10 and Photoshop 7 on my G4 Macintosh.
>
> That is a *very* nice camera.

It is, indeed. I bought it new, right after they came out around two
and a half years ago. It still more than holds its own against the
current crop of digitals. Before I bought it I spent some time with the
Nikon D1; the E-10 blows its doors off in terms of image quality,
mainly due to the E-10 having optics better matched to the CCD (though
having firewire on the D1 was nice).

It also has been extremely sturdy. I turfed it pretty hard into a
concrete floor around the beginning of the year... hard enough that it
bounced several times.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kjaer/8867.html

After I calmed down and subjected it to a more thorough inspection, the
final bill of health reported nothing more than a couple of minor
scuffs and the loss of the diopter adjustment in the viewfinder. I was
seriously impressed (and more than a little relieved).

Apart from all that, I only have one or two small nits, most of which
relate to navigating image playback on the built-in LCD. It would be
nice to have a focus aid in the viewfinder, and a faster shutter speed
than 1/640th of a second; most of the time I don't miss either of those
two features. In all other respects, it's a superior device. It's been
well worth every dime I paid for it.

ok
bear