[rescue] Today's Rescue ... and a question

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Jul 15 23:29:27 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:46:09PM -0500, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> Today's Rescue
> My company has (had) a metric ass load of obsolete and otherwise useless
> gear.  Got to sort through the pickings today and obtained (besides the
> requisite PC gear and two Sun GDM 20E20s) an 'Intel Express 510T Switch' and
> a 'Shiva  LanRover VPN Express 2'.
>
> I'll admit I have no idea what I'm going to do with the latter, but no one
> _else_ wanted it and the next stop was salvage so ...

You could sell it for good money to some small Mac-using shop.  :)

> All alone in the back of the warehouse were a trio of 'ADTRAN TSU 600'
> units.  They were, supposedly, working right up until we shut down the
> facility they came from.  Worth grabbing?

Probably, they're worth good money ($5k new, $1k refurb).  I show the
TSU600 as a 24-slot T1/FT1 multiplexer.  Just the thing to connect a
channelized T1 to.

If nothing else, if they're going free I might have a use for one at
some point.  (If they're not, I can't afford one on spec.)