[rescue] Look who's a slashdot weenie!

sirloxelroy at softhome.net sirloxelroy at softhome.net
Tue Jul 15 22:58:11 CDT 2003

> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:21:58 -0500
> From: "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Look who's a slashdot weenie!
> To: patrick at zill.net, The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:11:43PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
>> True, many of them have left this area and gone somewhere where land
>> is cheaper.  I did see one at Costco the other day though.
>
> You saw one picking up a 20" tube from you the other week.
>
>> Y'know, it's funny how some folks (no one on this list) make fun of
>> these folks; but they never go into debt, and over time, they sell off
>> their farms bought for say $1000 per acre to developers or other
>> farmers for much, much, more than that.
>
> Generally Amish don't.  Mennonites in general might be more debt free
> than the general American, but some (many) do borrow money.
>
>> I'd bet that investing in Lancaster Co. farmland over the last 50
>> years has been a better investment than the S&P 500 or the Dow.  And
>> it certainly has better tax treatment, and in the meantime they live
>> on the farm.
>
> Probably.

Hey I live in Lancaster Country Also, well Uhhhhh Lancaster County Nebraska,
AKA Lincoln Nebraska.  Ah Well.

   Chris B

 -----Begin Geek Code----
GCS d+ s++:++ a- C++++ U+++ L+++ P+++ E--- W+++ o K- w++++ O M V PS
PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5+++ X++ R+ tv b++ DI+ D+ G e+ h++ r-- z?
 ------End Geek Code-------
To Decode: http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/