[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jul 11 14:44:54 CDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Mike F wrote:

> >    BRLCAD is damn impressive (and free) but very difficult to use.
>
> Hmmm, looks impressive, but the binary/source distributions are encrypted,
> and in order to obtain a key, one must fax or mail a license agreement
> to them, and wait for a license key to be faxed or mailed back. I might
> give it a shot, but it sounds like a lot of trouble to go through.

In actuality, it happens very quickly.  I got my key in under two weeks,
I think, and I mailed mine in.  I'd think that it'd go faster if you
didn't ask for the source.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren