[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jul 11 14:13:14 CDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:57:11 -0500
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> DIA is neat, but isn't to the level I'd like to see it at, yet.  There are
> some contenders for the mail/calendar/scheduling apps on the Linux side,
> but none that I can fire up and point at our Exchange server yet.

Well, Ximian Evolution, with the Exchange connector, works *very* nicely.
Way better than Outlook when I had to connect to an Exchange server for my
corp email a few years ago.

DIA is "eeewww!"  It's nowhere near what Visio can do.  However, I refuse to
use any Visio later than v5.0.  Visio Professional 2000 (or whatever) sucked
*SO* bad that I had to go seeking out a copy of 5.0 to buy for $work[-2].
Truly, Visio 2000 was a pig of enormous proportions.  However, I've not yet
been able to get Visio to install under WiNE - but I haven't tried in about
a year either.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."