[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 11 13:57:11 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:43:14PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Every time I've mentioned that, someone's shoved Dia in my face, to
> which I can only reply "Ewwwww".

I'll get shot for this, but I have a Windows box on my desk here at work
for a very few things that Linux just *does not* do well, yet:

- *integrated* mail/calendar/scheduling (Outlook)
- Diagramming (Visio)

DIA is neat, but isn't to the level I'd like to see it at, yet.  There are
some contenders for the mail/calendar/scheduling apps on the Linux side, but
none that I can fire up and point at our Exchange server yet.

Everything else gets done on the P3-800 RedHat machine.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net