[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun E10Kservers?]

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Jul 10 10:19:04 CDT 2003

Not at all...  I persally didn't like it when the Pentium support
chips from Intel were released with no parity memory support.

I like parity memory at a minimum... that way at least I KNOW a memory
error has occured....  (as in a PC there are more reasons for crashes
and hangs than reasons for it to stay up and running :-) ).... ECC
even better.

I use ECC whenever I can in a box.... I also use RAID whenever I can...
I like uptime, not downtime.... and if there has to be downtime, I
like deciding when it is... not the random forces of the computer/electronics
world :-)

-- Curt

>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:13:24 -0400
>Subject: Re: [rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun