[rescue] WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun E10K servers?

Jona Sperty myhpreseller at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 14:41:37 CDT 2003

I do L3 technical support for many unix HW platforms (Sun, HP 9000, IBM, Etc) and I support thousands of machines so I have a vey wide perspective. Out of 20 HW  calls , 19 of them are on sun machines. And almost all of them need one or more parts replaced.

It is my personal opinion that when you want your computer to work all the time you should not buy a sun box! The new sunfires are more breakable than the older enterprise series. And the sunfire boxes break in spectacular ways that have no solutions from even sun themsleves!

Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk> wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
Jona Sperty wrote:
> It may be slower, but they will not have to experience the heartbreak
> of downtime as often. Those of you who work with Sun enterprise
> systems know what I am talking about, that endless parade of new
> CPU/mem boards and power supplies.......

Either you've been exceptionally unlucky or I've been exceptionally
lucky 'cos I haven't had a single problem with CPU/mem boards or power
supplies. You do have a UPS don't you ?