[rescue] Anyone running Netscape 7 browser on their SPARCs?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jul 7 17:13:16 CDT 2003

"From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com>
"
"--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
"> On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 05:26:27AM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
"> > I've just started to dink with it, and it look OK, but I'm
"> > wondering if there are any real pains compared with Netscape 4.7?
">
"> Other than the fact that NS4.7 is way outdated now?  The Netscape 7
"> series is just a bloated repackage of Mozilla..
"
"Well, 4.7 suited my needs, but it was starting to seem slow (not sure
"if it was the browser or the system, an Ultra 1/200e w/512 Meg RAM)...
"
"Seems OK, but a bit fancy for my tastes ;^)

not 7 but mozilla 1.1, on my ss2+/s2.6.  launches so slow i wonder if
my system's locked up.  has ten times the rss [~35M] of ns4.79, and
three times the swap [~350M]  of -everything-else- i have running,
combined.

oughta be tolerable on your system; works fine on a 500MHz/128M imac...
then again you could run 4.8 too, if your solaris is any newer than
mine.