[rescue] Re: seen on ebay (retry)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 30 09:21:03 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 09:08 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Interesting, but a few questions for those more exp. with this
> hardware:
>
> How heavy is this to ship?

   I'm a pretty strong guy, and I can't lift an E450.  It was all I
could do to get it into the bottom of a rack about 4" off the floor.

> All RAM/HD/CPU are U30 compatible, right? (meaning U30 pulls would
> work, incl. HD sled/carriers)

   Dunno offhand about the RAM but the spuds and CPUs are.  Be advised
that each CPU needs a VRM.

> Can this run with 2 CPUs, or are 4 required?

   An E450 can run with 1, 2, 3, or 4 CPUs.

> (Thinking of taking a couple U30s and making one nice E450, and sell
> off the carcasses...)

   Not a bad idea.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley