[rescue] VAX CPU Board on ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jan 26 12:44:21 CST 2003

On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 10:04 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>> <geezing>
>>    I remember the "old days" when the kiddiez did simpler dumb things
>>
>> like put chrome valve covers on their American muscle cars.  Heh, I
>> did  that to my '72 Chevelle.  Now I won't even sit in an
>> American-made car,  much less own one!
>> </geezing>
>>

> <MOPAR-fan>
> Dude, you have no idea what power is until you make a 5000 pound truck
> hit 60MPH in 7 seconds!
> </Mopar-fan>

   Uh-huh.  More for you, man. ;)  When I was shopping for a Porsche, I
test drove a couple of 911 Turbos.  Stock at the dealership, those cars
pulled me into the seat so hard I couldn't draw a breath of air into my
lungs.  That scared the living shit out of me...I wound up buying the
normally aspirated version.

> I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming "Magnum Wagon" from
> Dodge.
>  What happens when you stick a supercharged 5.7l Hemi in a 4000 pound
> car?  An erection, at least for me...

   Factory supercharger?  Mmmmm...That *will* be something to see.  When
is it due to hit the streets?

> Actually, Dodge and Chrysler have greatly improved their quality over
> the last few years, thanks in no small part to management and
> engineering over at Daimler.  Exciting days these, to be a mopar fan.

   Yeah I'll give you that...but I'm so burnt out on the "no power" and
"must self destruct after 75K miles" bullshit of the 80s and 90s that I
just don't want to hear the words "American car" anymore.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your