[rescue] RI/Mass. scappers?

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Sat Jan 25 15:21:33 CST 2003

mcguire at neurotica.com said:
>    Wow...I too was up there in 95 or 96, and bought one of those
> plasma  displays (VRE01).  They had about fifty of them, all brand
> new.  It's  here on the desk behind me.

>    I wonder how they hacked up the IPC framebuffer...

They told me that all it involved was removing and replacing the
occillator(sp?) on the frambuffer with something that made it compatible
with the flatpanel.  I remember thinking at the time that it must have has
something to do with the sync rate.

I'm not sure that they didn't hack an old BW2 sbus framebuffer, not sure....

AL