[rescue] RI/Mass. scappers?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jan 24 22:05:21 CST 2003

On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 07:57 PM, Al Potter wrote:
>> Eli Heffrons, Hampshire Street Cambridge....
>
> A wonderful place....

   ...except for their prices.

> One of my great regrets:  I was up there in 95 or 96 and they did me
> the
> favor of swapping me a socketed SS2 mainboard for my soldered one (so I
> would Weitek it).
>
> They had IPCs with the onboard framebuffer hacked to drive a DEC 19"
> plasma
> (red) flatpanel, and I passed.

   Wow...I too was up there in 95 or 96, and bought one of those plasma
displays (VRE01).  They had about fifty of them, all brand new.  It's
here on the desk behind me.

   I wonder how they hacked up the IPC framebuffer...

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your