[rescue] Cheapass MicroFax (sic)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jan 24 10:34:03 CST 2003

On 2003.01.24 16:16 Bill Martin wrote:

> Good news!  (or good promises, at least.)  They found the front cover
> (it says "MicroVAX 3300", Dave McGuire nailed it), and think they have
> another TK70.  They say they'll ship both to me today.  Looks like I'm
gonna
> end up with a really cool machine.
Yes. A KA640 based machine is the only one I am missing in my QBus VAX
collection. Nice VMS machine. NetBSD doesn't support the on board DSSI
adapter, unfortunately.

I think there is a link on http://www.vaxarchive.org/ (Mirror:
http://vaxarchive.sevensages.org/ )

> And silly me, I thought the
> pdp11-field-guide was just about pdp11s.
The pdp11-field-guide covers all QBus and UniBus modules - PDP-11 and
VAX.

> The label says "Series BA215" and the case has six slots showing.
Ahh, OK. This is the litle brother of the BA213. It has only one PSU.
The other side is "nothing". Nice box. I have a MicroVAX 4000-200 in a
BA215. It is quite handy for a SBox QBus machine.

> Curious that it would have dual, but non-redundant
> PSUs.  Double the failure possibilities?
The BA213 has two PSUs, as one can't handle all the power a full loaded
VAX may need. :-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen