[rescue] Cheapass MicroFax (sic)

Bill Martin wrmartin at verizon.net
Fri Jan 24 09:16:07 CST 2003

Good news!  (or good promises, at least.)  They found the front cover (it
says "MicroVAX 3300", Dave McGuire nailed it), and think they have another
TK70.  They say they'll ship both to me today.  Looks like I'm gonna end up
with a really cool machine.

Many thanks to Dave McGuire, Jochen Kunz and Dave Fischer for their info
and leads to other info sources.  And also thanks to Al Potter, who posted
about the original eBay listing.

> > 4&5 - Appear to be blanking plates
>Note that you must not leave QBus slots open if there are other cards
>behind the gap. Google for the QBus HOWTO and the pdp11-field-guide.txt

I can't seem to find the QBus HOWTO, though I'm sure I've seen it somewhere
back when I was looking for Unibus info.  And silly me, I thought the
pdp11-field-guide was just about pdp11s.

> > 6 - TO(Q?)K70, M7559-00 Rev D4  (controller for the missing TK70?)
>M7559       TQK70       Q   TMSCP controller for TK70
>
> > Far left - H7868-A Rev E02  (a power sequencer?  PS is on the far
> > right of the chassis.)
>If the box is a BA213 (12 Slot QBus) you have two PSUs, one for the left
>half of the backplane, and one for the right. Make sure that you allways
>have load on the left and right PSU or the PSUs refuse to work.

The label says "Series BA215" and the case has six slots showing.  (Haven't
gotten inside it yet.)  Curious that it would have dual, but non-redundant
PSUs.  Double the failure possibilities?

Bill Martin
William R. Martin                               bill at bdoserr.com
retired railroader, Norfolk Southern Corp.            757.481.9318
volunteer geek, Virginia Stage Company  www.vastage.com