[rescue] ZX and Turbo ZX differences?

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Wed Jan 22 01:47:35 CST 2003

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 11:12 PM, Robert Reif wrote:

> I just picked up a turbo ZX frame buffer to replace the ZX in my
> 600MP and was wondering what the differences are.  A web
> search only finds power and heat differences.  There must be a
> reason for the turbo ZX to use more power.

I don't know the differences either, I would assume speed. The one
thing I do know is that the turbo version creates too much heat for
most systems, and IIRC Sun made a special sbus fan card that mounted in
the lower slots on an SS10 (or SS20?) to keep the turbo ZX cool. You
might not want to run that card in a SS600.

-Mike