[rescue] Lanplex Flash, desperate

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Jan 21 09:47:44 CST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Likely this isn't the -only- way to recover it.  I used to have access
> to the flash card, but not any longer.  You can also re-flash them by
> booting OOB with a 3com 3c589 PCMCIA nic.  Mind you, the 3c589D and E
> models don't work, but the first three do.
> Hmm, from looking at the archives, it looks like you've already got
> one of these cards.  Are you saying you can't even get it going with
> that?

I have six 3C589s, from the C version back to A. I cannot get this unit to
boot because of a spurious interrupt on the DUART. I've attached a
terminal in an attempt to stop the spurious interrupt, but it's still
there. The unit passes all test, but cannot verify it's ROM and some other
stuff when you ask it to by hand.

This was brought about after an attempt to retro-grade the unit to 4.30,
instead of 8.10. I corrupted the flash instead. With that spurious
interrupt, I can't get it to netboot anything. :(

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"