[rescue] Lanplex Flash, desperate

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Tue Jan 21 02:37:43 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 06:58:35AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> Does anyone have one of the vaunted Lanplex PCMCIA flash cards? I've got a
> unit that's completely crapped out and this appears to be the only way to
> recover it. . . .
>
> Other than that, I guess I'll be ordering the $200 card from MTM paycheck
> after next.....

Likely this isn't the -only- way to recover it.  I used to have access
to the flash card, but not any longer.  You can also re-flash them by
booting OOB with a 3com 3c589 PCMCIA nic.  Mind you, the 3c589D and E
models don't work, but the first three do.
Hmm, from looking at the archives, it looks like you've already got
one of these cards.  Are you saying you can't even get it going with
that?
(http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/geeks/2001-December/009724.html)
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.
Please don't copy me on replies to the list.