[rescue] Re: [geeks] Cleaning out advice needed...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 21 00:11:49 CST 2003

Dave McGuire wrote:
>   I'd chuck all the PC stuff except for the ISA SCSI cards (they could
> be useful someday), the SIMMs, and the ARCnet stuff (I know a guy who
> collects ARCnet stuff).

The arcnet stuff is in storage but I can find it hopefully soon here.  I
have both 4 port active and passive hubs for it as well as cables and
8/16bit cards.  I was using it in an apartment until I couldn't get CB
reception anywhere near the building when it was running. ;-)

> Also chuck the DELNI...It's got a good name on
> it, but they're near-useless and there are buttloads of them floating
> around.

What the heck is it anyway?  I just suspected it was an AUI hub but
you're making it sound like it's something different.

>   Oh, I'd also keep the ALR quad-proc box.  Someone like George Adkins
> or Mike Nicewonger can probably find you CPUs and sleds for it.

LOL!  Where do you think I got the ALR from? (Big Mike) ;-)

>   Save the Draftmaster at all cost.

I kinda wanted to anyway.  If only to draft floorplans for my house
someday...

Mike Hebel