[rescue] You want balls?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jan 17 12:45:20 CST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 01:32:41PM -0500, Jeffrey J.Nonken wrote:

> Hanging around in a gaming crowd as I do, I sometimes hear
> things. It's been a while, but seems to me that I'd heard that id
> Software has reacted unkindly to violations of their Commander Keen
> copyrights. I only thought of it because you mentioned that game in
> particular.

Commander Keen is still a current property.  It got a bit of a graphical
update (smoother animation for Keen mainly) and is a gameboy color
game.  I'd love to see JohnC do a GBA rewrite like he had discussed at
one point.

id Software has reacted unkindly to all IP violations that I know of.
For instance, they got real hostile to someone with a Q1 source mod that
wasn't being distributed as open source.

--
Joshua D. Boyd