[rescue] You want balls?

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jan 17 11:17:36 CST 2003

On Friday 17 January 2003 16:52, Jeffrey J.Nonken wrote:
> > btw, I still have a cdrom lying around here with dozens of old dos
> > games on it (Indiana Jones, commander keen, day of the tentacle which
> > is one of the best games Lucas ever made etc.). I'd upload it somewhere
> > for permanence if someone can host it. Most of it didn't work last time
> > I tried (win95 pc @ 133 mhz) but once again, a 486 might do the trick
> > ;-)
>
> Um, be careful of copyright issues, hmm?

Oh yes, copyrights. Forgot *sigh* .

Well actually, no one sells these things anymore, I think if Lucas sued
someone for copying monkey islands of DOTT these days everyone's gonna
laugh straight in their face. We're actually supposed to be
honored/respected/loved for keeping history intact.

Aren't we? Are we?

Just in case you need more convincing about DOTT:
http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/reviews/pc/june/dott.html .
Quote: "This game has some of the best graphics I've ever seen on a
adventure game."

--
Frank